Thursday, March 19, 2020

Re-shooting

Even before the Peer review, I knew that we needed to re-shoot some shots. Since we split up the filming days, there were some differences in the setting. One of the days, the streets were wet because of rain while the other day was sunny. These continuity issues, while not the most glaring issue with our first project draft, were something I wanted to correct first. So, when I planed a day to re-shoot with the rest of my group, I wrote down what scenes we needed to shoot again. Two of the shots I put on the top of the re-shoot list were 4.5, 6, and 7.5. These shots included the supporting actress, Sydney, so I asked one of my teammates to contact her and see when she was free. The date we decided on was a Sunday, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Besides those three, there were quite a few other shots my other teammates wanted to re-shoot. The reasons for re-shooting them varied from wanting to perfect a pan or tilt, to getting a slighting different mood with the acting, and getting shots with better lighting. For a lot of our first takes, my camera work was shaky because it was the first time I had used that camera. This time, I knew how to keep the camera from jerking to a stop at the end of a pan. I also got better at adjusting the metal tripod's legs and using the various adjustments for setting the camera's angle, so the process was faster than our previous filming days. Re-shooting every shot we planned only took one and a half hours, leaving us with time to spare. While we could have used this time to edit, we decided that we were too tired from spending all that time filming in the hot sun. We took a well deserved water break and planned the date for when we wanted to edit. The Wednesday of this week seemed like a perfect time, since school was canceled due to the Corona Virus. This break in between filming and editing will also give me time to think over what other things I felt we needed to change or improve on the film.

This image is of the new footage replacing the old footage. This new shot was a lot brighter which created unique challenges to work against when editing it into the project.






No comments:

Post a Comment