Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Commercial



The main thing I felt I needed to improve on after this project was to make better use of the technology I had at my disposal. When making this project, my group didn't use a tripod for any of the shots at first. Then, as a fail safe measure, we re-shot with a tripod. This was a stupid decision to not use the tripod at the start because it compromised the quality of the film. Also, since it made us have to re-shoot everything, it wasted time that we didn't have to waste. I didn't want this casual wastage of time to become a habit, even though it only really happened once.

Now, because this was our first project, it wasn't complicated enough to really need that extra time we wasted. But, in the music video or the final project re-shoots, this wouldn't have been possible. For the music video, I had one day to shoot most of the shots and we couldn't afford to do take the time to re-shoot. This meant that every second counted, and we often didn't have time to do to many takes of each shot.

 For the Final project, my filming time fluctuated because of the weather some days, although there were days planned to re-shoot on. Moreover, we had an actress who wasn't in the group with her own schedule. We could only film with her on specific days, and I needed to make sure I got good enough shots with the time I had.  I needed to use the best equipment we had to maximize the efficiency of the project. In general, I feel like I have improved on this, but only recently. In the music video, my group filmed with a mono-pod instead of a tripod which made some of our footage shaky. Thankfully, the editing software I used had a stabilizer, so the shakier shots could be fixed.

In the Final project, I used a tripod with various tools built in to allow for the best pans and tilts, so I didn't have to go back and re-shoot for quality. Despite this, I still had to re-shoot because of timing, although this is a better reason to re-shoot, as it meant that I was making use of the time I had. Generally, I'd say that I improved on fully using every tool I had to my advantage.







No comments:

Post a Comment