Thursday, April 9, 2020

Music Video: CCR


To prepare for the final project's creative critical reflection, I did a practice CCR of sorts for my music video. The main purpose of this was to give my self practice on the practical side of this reflection. I say, "the practical side," because the reflection is not only critical, it is also creative! Being a very creative person, I feel confident that I have the creative side down pat, but the critical side not so much. So, like I would do with an essay, I wanted to practice and see where I needed to improve.

The first thing I found my self struggling with was the style of the reflection. I was so used to writing in essay style, I found it hard to personalize it. But that changed once I got half way through. By then, I was writing freely and thinking more creatively. When I had to research the conventions of the music video, I took screen shots of the music video's I used and I inserted them into this presentation to make them more lively. While, this is not how I'm going to do my actual CCR, I felt that this was good practice.

Some things I knew I knew I needed to improve on even while writing this CCR. When it came to the question about representing social groups, felt unsure about my answer. I didn't know how controversial my response could be, and I did my best to keep my answer from broaching any charged topics. Now that I'm looking back on this project I think that I shouldn't have worried as much. Because I purposefully chose responses that I wasn't as invested in, I think my answers suffered. I resolved to speak directly in my next CCR, no mater how controversial they may be.

After rereading this presentation, I realized how difficult creating a video CCR would be. I would of course have to come up with adequate answers before filming, but I didn't want to read off a script. This meant there would be a lot of memorization involved, which was a necessary evil to have my CCR be decent in quality.




No comments:

Post a Comment