Thursday, April 16, 2020

Final Project: CCR







My previous practice doing a CCR barely helped me with this version, to be quite honest. The way I answered the questions before was shallow in comparison with how deeply I tried to explain myself in the practice version. Also, since the format was a video this time, almost none of the creative aspects in the practice version transferred over. I inserted clips of Eden as examples, and gave real time examples of how I changed the saturation and worked with the titles. Another thing the practice didn't prepare me for, was the time limit.5

 My teacher told our class that the video needed to be 12-15 minute long, and once I had done my first editing pass, I was only down to 17 minutes. This was a huge problem, because I hadn't even added the clips from Eden yet! So, I had work for another hour to cut down the time, adding the clips as I went. I came up with a way to add the clips with out increasing the time of the video. I made each clip have a voice over, and I inserted the new video clip into the space of the video clip that was originally attached to the voice over. I used this method a couple of times when it was most applicable, and it made things a lot easier.  Another trick I used was to show examples of my editing techniques in the actual CCR video, instead of inserting a clip. I did this with the titles and with changing the saturation. I thought that these would also engage my audience more than a clip as well!

Using all of my tricks, I got the time down to a reasonable 14 minutes and 52 seconds. That only left the problem of getting the file onto this blog, which proved to be another monster entirely.

The files for Eden and this CCR were huge, so I couldn't directly upload them to this blog. I then tried a couple different things. I tried to get the files onto a google slide that I could insert into this blog, but the files were too big again! After looking for a way to compress the files, but having no luck, I decided to put them into YouTube, as I saw that uploading a YouTube video was an option when I was trying to upload earlier. This actually worked! I succeeded in getting both files onto this blog directly, and by using a google slide. I chose to stick with uploading directly though, as it looks cleaner.


No comments:

Post a Comment